Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 2 named cells

Just currious.
If I wanted to put 2 different named cells on a single cell. I use named
cells to exchange information to other programs.

I would not think this can be done. Haveing 2 different named cells.
Would there be a way to trick excel into allowing something like this? Has
anyone thought about this problem?

thanks for any input

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Let's say we have named A1 alpha and named A2 beta, then in A3 enter:

=alpha & beta
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007i

"greg" wrote:

Just currious.
If I wanted to put 2 different named cells on a single cell. I use named
cells to exchange information to other programs.

I would not think this can be done. Haveing 2 different named cells.
Would there be a way to trick excel into allowing something like this? Has
anyone thought about this problem?

thanks for any input

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I assume that we are talking about named ranges. If so then two different
named ranges can refer to the same cell or range of cells.

Insert - Name - Define - Add two different named ranges that both
reference the same cell.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"greg" wrote:

Just currious.
If I wanted to put 2 different named cells on a single cell. I use named
cells to exchange information to other programs.

I would not think this can be done. Haveing 2 different named cells.
Would there be a way to trick excel into allowing something like this? Has
anyone thought about this problem?

thanks for any input

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Greg,

How about ten names:

'==========
Public Sub Tester()
Dim WB As Workbook
Dim SH As Worksheet
Dim rng As Range
Dim i As Long
Const sStr As String = "Piggy"

Set WB = ThisWorkbook
Set SH = WB.Sheets("Sheet1")
Set rng = SH.Range("A1")

For i = 1 To 10
WB.Names.Add Name:=sStr & i, _
RefersTo:=rng.Address
Next i
End Sub

---
Regards.
Norman

named cells ranswert Excel Programming 7 January 26th 08 04:06 PM
How many named cells greg Excel Programming 4 January 30th 07 08:57 AM
Excell named cells or labeled cells question [email protected] Excel Programming 8 June 25th 06 05:15 PM
Excel named cells or labeled cells question [email protected] Excel Programming 2 June 25th 06 04:39 PM
inserting a named range into new cells based on a named cell Peter S. Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 4th 06 03:53 AM