Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 2003 vs 2007

I have an organization with 300 employees spread across 10 counties. We use
a time sheet designed in excel. When the time sheets are emailed in, VBA
code transfers needed data from the time sheets into an "employee payroll
database".

Anyway, the original VBA was written in Excel 2003 and ran like greased
lighting. The computers have been upgraded and everyone is now using Excel
2007. However, we still save the Excel Time Sheet files as Excel 2003 files.
Anyway, the code now runs very slowly. What can I do?

--
Thanks
Shawn
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1. Rewrite the VBA in EXCEL 2007.

2. Save the files as EXCEL 2007 files.

Doing the above will keep everything, "clean" and consistent.

Thanks.

"Shawn" wrote:

I have an organization with 300 employees spread across 10 counties. We use
a time sheet designed in excel. When the time sheets are emailed in, VBA
code transfers needed data from the time sheets into an "employee payroll
database".

Anyway, the original VBA was written in Excel 2003 and ran like greased
lighting. The computers have been upgraded and everyone is now using Excel
2007. However, we still save the Excel Time Sheet files as Excel 2003 files.
Anyway, the code now runs very slowly. What can I do?

--
Thanks
Shawn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, I converted the "end" file to a 2007 file and did a "find and replace"
changing all the .xls extensions to .xlsm extensions and that did the trick.
It is back to working like greased lighting and it is dealing better with all
versions of excel: 2003 and 2007. See, not all our machines have the new
Office software so the program has to be back compatible. Anyway, the fix
noted above worked great.
--
Thanks
Shawn