Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 2003 vba to hide two grouped charts, works in 2007 but not in 2003

Hi,
Sorry I've copied this over from my post in the Charting newsgroup since
there's not much activity there.
I have the following code which works fine in 2007. But since I have
some users that still use 2003, when I save the spreadsheet in 2003
xls format, this code will no longer work. I found that when I ungroup
the two charts, then it works fine.

Do I need to use code to Ungroup them first, or is there a simple
solution?

Thanks,
Harold

Sub Hide_Two_Charts()
Sheets("Budget").ChartObjects("Chart 130").Visible = False
Sheets("Budget").ChartObjects("Chart 190").Visible = False

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Your code as written should work fine in Excel 2003. But it's not clear what
you have to begin with, which might be why you didn't get an answer in the
charting group.

Speculating, do you have two chartobjects which are grouped. If so is it
just a group of the two chartobjects. If so, simply -
Activesheet.Shapes("myChartGroup").Visible = false

If you have something different, eg several items in the group but you only
want to hide two, try and explain what you have and want to do.

Regards,
Peter T

"Harold Good" wrote in message

Sorry I've copied this over from my post in the Charting newsgroup since
there's not much activity there.
I have the following code which works fine in 2007. But since I have some
users that still use 2003, when I save the spreadsheet in 2003 xls
format, this code will no longer work. I found that when I ungroup the
two charts, then it works fine.

Do I need to use code to Ungroup them first, or is there a simple
solution?

Thanks,
Harold

Sub Hide_Two_Charts()
Sheets("Budget").ChartObjects("Chart 130").Visible = False
Sheets("Budget").ChartObjects("Chart 190").Visible = False

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Harold Good" wrote in message
Hi,

Sorry I've copied this over from my post in the Charting newsgroup since
there's not much activity there.

But I see you posted here barely an hour after posting in the charting
group, that's a bit quick to conclude you wouldn't have got an answer there!

Regards,
Peter T