Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Network logon

Hi,

Some time ago, someone replied with a method to get the network logon and
used createobject. It has the same functionality as

Declare Function GetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias "GetUserNameA" _
(ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As Long

Can someone refresh my mind. TIA.

With kind regards,

JP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You are a little bit vague. I did a google search for the following and
got lots of different answers

VBA GetUserName advapi32.dll createobject

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

Microsoft Office Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Joel,

I used the API before to show 1 sheet in a workbook to a specific network
logon. Someone showed overhere another method to do the same.

With kind regards,

JP

"joel" wrote in message

You are a little bit vague. I did a google search for the following and
got lots of different answers

VBA GetUserName advapi32.dll createobject

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229
View this thread:
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=164049

Microsoft Office Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You don't need to use createobject you can use environ() method

UserName = environ("UserName")

I'm not sure what other login username you are using that requires a
createobject. Are you using an Internet Explorer and then login?

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=164049

Microsoft Office Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I recently tried the environ method and it didn't work for some users. I had
to replace it with the following.

http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm
--
HTH,

Barb Reinhardt

"joel" wrote:

You don't need to use createobject you can use environ() method

UserName = environ("UserName")

I'm not sure what other login username you are using that requires a
createobject. Are you using an Internet Explorer and then login?

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=164049

Microsoft Office Help

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Some environmental parameters can bne different on different PCs. to
check the envirnonmental parameters go to a dos window and type SET.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=164049

Microsoft Office Help

Can I pass network logon name to a cell in a spreadsheet? Quality Plan Excel Worksheet Functions 5 December 4th 08 07:38 AM
Logon Elindeo New Users to Excel 1 October 28th 07 12:44 PM
logon rww Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 November 18th 06 04:42 AM
Win XP Logon Name Andy Ives[_2_] Excel Programming 3 September 30th 05 11:14 AM
Use Windows Network logon as password Spencer Hutton[_3_] Excel Programming 2 October 13th 04 01:17 PM