Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Use Windows Network logon as password

i have a userform where the user would input their username and password for
the application. the usernames and passwords are stored in two rows in the
worksheet. is there a way for this application i created to use the windows
network logon username and password to get into the application? it should
be noted that i will know all of the usernames, but i cannot have knowledge
of their passwords. is this possible? how? thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If might be possible if you had good knowledge of the Security API and API
programming in general. From the sample code I have run across, it looks
massively complex (My impression). Also, any code based security is easily
defeated by disabling macros when opening the workbook.

That said, there may be a 3rd party control or component that can make this
simpler. I can't say as I have never pursued it.

Tom Ogilvy

"Spencer Hutton" wrote in message
i have a userform where the user would input their username and password

for
the application. the usernames and passwords are stored in two rows in

the
worksheet. is there a way for this application i created to use the

windows
network logon username and password to get into the application? it

should
be noted that i will know all of the usernames, but i cannot have

knowledge
of their passwords. is this possible? how? thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you kidding, if it could what would be the point of having passwords?

Randy Birch has an item at his site for Authenticating A User using the NT
challenge process. If you user is one of your list, you could use the
challenge routine as described. You will find it at http://vbnet.mvps.org/

--

HTH

RP