Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Read/Write to OpenOffice

Is it possible to use MS Excel with ADO.net to read/write from/to an
OpenOffice database (.odb file)?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The ODB extension is a text file in XML format so you should be able to
read the file just like a XML file. Try renaming the file to an XML
file extension and see if that works if you can't just read the file
directlyby selecting *.* and opening the file. I haven't done it
before. You may have to strip off the header and trailer portion of the
file becuase the XML may not recognize some of the tags that are used in
the header. You can do a web search to find examples of reading XML
files using VBA. There have been numerous request for read XML in VBA.
If you can't find what you are looking for I can help.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

Microsoft Office Help