Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with importing data from nasdaq.com

Hi, I am a basic user of excel and dont have advanced expertise in it.
If you could kindly give me some direction, I would be very grateful
to you. Thank you!

I have an excel sheet with about 200 stock tickers in 1st column - for
example, ALTH, CXM, DNDN, ZIOP, and so on.

For each stock ticker, say ALTH, I need to -

(a) I need to go the website:
http://www.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/Ex...&mkttype=p re
and get the following values located in a table on this webpage -
Premarket Last, Premarket Volume, Premarket High, and Premarket Low. I
need to put them on columns 2,3,4 and 5.

(b) I then need to go to the website:
http://www.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/Ex...kttype=a fter
and get the following values located in a table on this webpage -
Afterhours Last, Afterhours Volume, Afterhours High, and Afterhours
Low. I then need to put them in columns 6,7,8,and 9.

I need to do this for all tickers located in 1st column, and populate
columns 2 to 9 for these tickers.

Please advise easiest way to do this. Thanks again for your guidance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I forgot to point out that the stock ticker is specified in the URL
address. So for all tickers in 1st column, I need to customize the URL
by inserting the specific stock ticker.
In addition, for particular tickers, the table may not be listed on
the webpage (for example, this can happen if stock didnot trade that
day) so if there is no table on the webpage, I just need to insert 0
values in the columns.

Thanks! a lot. I am grateful for your guidance.

(a) I need to go the website:http://www.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/Ex....aspx?selected...

(b) I then need to go to the website:http://www.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/Ex....aspx?selected...