Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data types when importing Excel data to SQLServer

Hello,
I'm trying to import data from an Excel datasheet to Microsoft SQL
server 2003 using the import wizard, but I'm having trouble with one
data column. When a cell has a value of, for example,
E4/E20, the slash character seems to pose a problem. I have tried
importing as both varchar, nvarchar, and several other data types, but
I can't get it to work - the entries with "/" characters aren't
imported.

What data type should I use to be able to import such values?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Mats

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Forgot to mention: the data type for the cells in Excel is "General".