Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default .NET Programability Support

I have a VB.NET application which creates an Excel spreadsheet by using code
such as this:

Dim objApp As Excel.Application
Dim objBook As Excel._Workbook
Dim objBooks As Excel.Workbooks
Dim objSheets As Excel.Sheets
Dim objSheet As Excel._Worksheet

' Instantiate Excel and start a new workbook.
objApp = New Excel.Application
objBooks = objApp.Workbooks
objBook = objBooks.Add
objSheets = objBook.Worksheets

It is built using Office XP - the latest version I had until a few minutes
ago when I installed MS Office Home and Student 2007. But during that
install I was not able to select ".NET Programability Support." But I have
learned that I can download something called "2007 Microsoft Office System
Update: Redistributable Primary Interop Assemblies."

I always get myself into trouble when I do something without understanding
what it is I am doing. So, can someone tell me please if ".NET
Programability Support" and "2007 Microsoft Office System Update:
Redistributable Primary Interop Assemblies" are the same thing? If I
install the 2007 Interop Assemblies will I then be able to build my
application for Office 2007?

Thanks, Bob