Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Populate Excel from Word

Hi,

I have a number of word files holding FirstName, LastName, MobileNo as form
fields. Each of the fields is a bookmark with the appropriate name.

I want Excel to look into each document and pull the info into a spreadsheet
like so:

A B C
1 FirstName LastName Mobile
2 Bob Smith 07777454545
3 John Jones 07536456565

Can anyone help with this? Also would it be possible to do it without VBA?

Many thanks

Andy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1. want Excel to look into each document and pull the info into a
spreadsheet

You have to use VBA commands that tell where to find the data in a Word
document, but it can be done by someone who works across applications
frequently. I don't.

2. Also would it be possible to do it without VBA?

You can copy and paste from Word to Excel and vice versa.