Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz[_2_] JLGWhiz[_2_] is offline

Default Populate Excel from Word

1. want Excel to look into each document and pull the info into a
spreadsheet

You have to use VBA commands that tell where to find the data in a Word
document, but it can be done by someone who works across applications
frequently. I don't.

2. Also would it be possible to do it without VBA?

You can copy and paste from Word to Excel and vice versa.

"ajayb" wrote in message

I have a number of word files holding FirstName, LastName, MobileNo as
form
fields. Each of the fields is a bookmark with the appropriate name.

I want Excel to look into each document and pull the info into a
spreadsheet
like so:

A B C
1 FirstName LastName Mobile
2 Bob Smith 07777454545
3 John Jones 07536456565

Can anyone help with this? Also would it be possible to do it without
VBA?

Many thanks

Andy