Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Vb?.tmp path/file access error

Quite anoying problem...

I have a very simple code, that I can no longer run.

Sub move()
Workbooks("Mappe3.xls").Sheets("test").Copy after:=Workbooks
("mappe2.xls").Sheets("ark1")
End Sub

I get the following error message:
Path/File access error: '.\VB154.tmp'

Each time I try to run the code, the number after VB changes. If I try
and search the file, I find in the root of my o-drive to which I
havn't got access. The file is by the way not located on the o-drive.

I experienced this kind of problem when I made a peace of code that
would copy a module from one workbook to another. This macro got caugt
up in Symantec Antivirus as "Bloodhound.excelmacro"

Any suggestions to solve my problem?

Hope someone can help - please... :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Saved from a previous post:
==========

If those .tmp files look like: ...\VB*.tmp

I searched google again for "\vb" and .tmp and got a few hits.

One of them:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...1eecaad1c774cc
or
http://snipurl.com/1339g

One person posted that they saw files that had names like: ~RF26c83af.TMP.

It was caused by AVG.

You can read her description in this thread:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...cd4eed0638e395

or
http://snipurl.com/jyus

A while ago, someone posted back that uninstalling something called "Panda
ClientShield" fixed a similar problem.

Even if you're not running "Panda ClientShield", you could try disabling this
program to see if the problem goes away.

===============================
ps. I didn't remember correctly. That thread from Wendy (#7) does indeed point
to AVG as the culprit.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ps.

Maybe this will help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820
How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in

(But I don't use Norton AV, either.)

Dave Peterson wrote:

Saved from a previous post: