Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default COUNTIF function help please

Hi, could someone please help me with the following?

I have the following:

1. Worksheet named: Summary has a dropdown list in cell B2 for a list
of Operations. These Operations are detailed on Worksheet named:
Operations. The defined name for these Operations =
Operations!$A$2:$A$12.

2. Worksheet named: Summary has a dropdown list in cell B4 for a list
of Groups. These Groups are detailed on worksheet named: Groups. The
defined name for these Groups = Groups!$A$2:$A$29.

What I need is a macro or code to do the following after the user has
selected both an Operation and a Group:

I need it to lookup column E for all the cells that contain the text:
"PERMANENT" or "FUTURE" or "TEMPORARY" or "FUTURE DELETION" from the
worksheet named: Data. I wanted to use the COUNTIF function to count
how many
occurrences of these four texts. For example:
=COUNTIF($E$3:$E$65000,"PERMANENT").

in cell B8 (on worksheet named Summary) - I need the COUNTIF function
results for "PERMANENT".

in cell B9 (on worksheet named Summary) - I need the COUNTIF function
results for "FUTURE".

in cell B10 (on worksheet named Summary) - I need the COUNTIF function
results for "TEMPORARY".

in cell B11 (on worksheet named Summary) - I need the COUNTIF function
results for "FUTURE DELETION".

I also need it to lookup column U for all the cells that contain the
text: "Y" from the worksheet named: Data. I

wanted to use the COUNTIF function to count how many occurrences of
these four texts. For example:
=COUNTIF($U$3:$U$65000,"Y").

in cell B25 (on worksheet named Summary) - I need the COUNTIF function
results for "Y".

If anyone could please help with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Chris.