Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy Patrick Molloy is offline

Default COUNTIF function help please

so basically all you really need is to copy the automatic filter off your
data sheet where the two mentioned filters are set by the two drop downs

"Chris" wrote in message
Hi Patrick, Sorry I did not make this very clear. You are right, I do
have the formula but do not know how to put it all together to make this
work.

For example: when the user clicks on the Summary tab and then clicks on
cell B2 to select an Operation, and then clicks on cell B4 to select a
Group, I need some code or macro that will automatically populate cells:
B8:B11 & B25.

This populated data needs to be extracted from the worksheet named:
Data. I wanted to use the COUNTIF function to extract the values from
the worksheet named: Data into the cells B8:B11 & B25 on worksheet
named: Summary.

The Operations are populated on worksheet named: Data in column B. I
made a list of these operations on worksheet named: Operations and gave
this list a defined name = Operations!$A$2:$A$12. This was done so that
I could let the user click on drop-down lists in column B (on worksheet
named: Data) to select an appropriate Operation.

The Groups are populated on worksheet named: Data in column C. I made a
list of these groups on worksheet named: Groups and gave this list a
defined name = Groups!$A$2:$A$29. This was done so that I could let the
user click on drop-down lists in column C (on worksheet named: Data) to
select an appropriate Group.

I hope this is clearer - if not please let me know.

I really appreciate any help that I can get.

Cheers,

Chris.