Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy Patrick Molloy is offline

Default COUNTIF function help please

it looks like you already have the formula....you give four of them as your
examples....so I'm not clear what your question is. Perhaps you could
rephrase for me?

"Chris" wrote in message
Hi, could someone please help me with the following?

I have the following:

1. Worksheet named: Summary has a dropdown list in cell B2 for a list
of Operations. These Operations are detailed on Worksheet named:
Operations. The defined name for these Operations =
Operations!$A$2:$A$12.

2. Worksheet named: Summary has a dropdown list in cell B4 for a list
of Groups. These Groups are detailed on worksheet named: Groups. The
defined name for these Groups = Groups!$A$2:$A$29.

What I need is a macro or code to do the following after the user has
selected both an Operation and a Group:

I need it to lookup column E for all the cells that contain the text:
"PERMANENT" or "FUTURE" or "TEMPORARY" or "FUTURE DELETION" from the
worksheet named: Data. I wanted to use the COUNTIF function to count
how many
occurrences of these four texts. For example:
=COUNTIF($E$3:$E$65000,"PERMANENT").

in cell B8 (on worksheet named Summary) - I need the COUNTIF function
results for "PERMANENT".

in cell B9 (on worksheet named Summary) - I need the COUNTIF function
results for "FUTURE".

in cell B10 (on worksheet named Summary) - I need the COUNTIF function
results for "TEMPORARY".

in cell B11 (on worksheet named Summary) - I need the COUNTIF function
results for "FUTURE DELETION".

I also need it to lookup column U for all the cells that contain the
text: "Y" from the worksheet named: Data. I

wanted to use the COUNTIF function to count how many occurrences of
these four texts. For example:
=COUNTIF($U$3:$U$65000,"Y").

in cell B25 (on worksheet named Summary) - I need the COUNTIF function
results for "Y".

If anyone could please help with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Chris.