Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chris Chris is offline

Default COUNTIF function help please

Hi Patrick, Sorry I did not make this very clear. You are right, I do
have the formula but do not know how to put it all together to make this
work.

For example: when the user clicks on the Summary tab and then clicks on
cell B2 to select an Operation, and then clicks on cell B4 to select a
Group, I need some code or macro that will automatically populate cells:
B8:B11 & B25.

This populated data needs to be extracted from the worksheet named:
Data. I wanted to use the COUNTIF function to extract the values from
the worksheet named: Data into the cells B8:B11 & B25 on worksheet
named: Summary.

The Operations are populated on worksheet named: Data in column B. I
made a list of these operations on worksheet named: Operations and gave
this list a defined name = Operations!$A$2:$A$12. This was done so that
I could let the user click on drop-down lists in column B (on worksheet
named: Data) to select an appropriate Operation.

The Groups are populated on worksheet named: Data in column C. I made a
list of these groups on worksheet named: Groups and gave this list a
defined name = Groups!$A$2:$A$29. This was done so that I could let the
user click on drop-down lists in column C (on worksheet named: Data) to
select an appropriate Group.

I hope this is clearer - if not please let me know.

I really appreciate any help that I can get.

Cheers,

Chris.