Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Filling a macro button with colour ( color)

I have a spreadsheet with 7 lovely macro buttons on it that automatically
execute lots of important jobs but look pretty boring in their basic
colouring ( coloring) and border formatting & I would like to change their
individual background colours ( colors) and bordering so as to make them more
appealing to the users.
Any help would be appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If it is command button Right clickPropertiesBackColor...select a color (in
Design mode)
OR
If it is a autoshape like (rectangle) Right click Format AutoshapeColor
and Lines. Pick your color

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Chris Maddogz" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with 7 lovely macro buttons on it that automatically
execute lots of important jobs but look pretty boring in their basic
colouring ( coloring) and border formatting & I would like to change their
individual background colours ( colors) and bordering so as to make them more
appealing to the users.
Any help would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

orry but after reading other post s on the same subject I have realised that
having created the buttons from the Forms Menu I can't change the colour etc.
However is there a way to use a button created via the Toolbox Menu to
utilise the same code that is assigned to one of my Forms Menu buttons or do
I need to start all over?

"Chris Maddogz" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with 7 lovely macro buttons on it that automatically
execute lots of important jobs but look pretty boring in their basic
colouring ( coloring) and border formatting & I would like to change their
individual background colours ( colors) and bordering so as to make them more
appealing to the users.
Any help would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assuming your Forms buttons had macros assigned to them and these macros
live in a general module................

When you create the ActiveX button right-click and "View Code".

A sheet module will open with these lines

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

End Sub

Place a macro name between the lines like so............

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
macroname
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP