Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Filling a macro button with colour ( color)

Assuming your Forms buttons had macros assigned to them and these macros
live in a general module................

When you create the ActiveX button right-click and "View Code".

A sheet module will open with these lines

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

End Sub

Place a macro name between the lines like so............

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
macroname
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 21 May 2009 02:58:01 -0700, Chris Maddogz
wrote:

orry but after reading other post s on the same subject I have realised that
having created the buttons from the Forms Menu I can't change the colour etc.
However is there a way to use a button created via the Toolbox Menu to
utilise the same code that is assigned to one of my Forms Menu buttons or do
I need to start all over?

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

If it is command button Right clickPropertiesBackColor...select a color (in
Design mode)
OR
If it is a autoshape like (rectangle) Right click Format AutoshapeColor
and Lines. Pick your color

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Chris Maddogz" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with 7 lovely macro buttons on it that automatically
execute lots of important jobs but look pretty boring in their basic
colouring ( coloring) and border formatting & I would like to change their
individual background colours ( colors) and bordering so as to make them more
appealing to the users.
Any help would be appreciated