Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default auto date reminder in excel

HI, is there any way of entering a date in the future in a cell, then
programming it to open and flag when the date arrives? What I want to do is
add a note to the cell to say that when this particular date arrives to
remind me to look into what my task is.

Just want to know if it is possible in excel or if it's a bit too complicated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Right click the sheet tab to click 'ViewCode' and paste the below code. Save
and get back to workbook. The code looks for any comments in Column A. I
assume the comments will have only the date and no text...try and
feedback..Should show a message box on Sheet Activate event....

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
lngLastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
For lngRow = 1 To lngLastRow
If Not Range("A" & lngRow).Comment Is Nothing Then
dtTemp = CDate(Range("A1").Comment.Text)
If dtTemp = Date Then MsgBox "Refer task in " & Range("A" & lngRow).Address
Range("A" & lngRow).Activate
Exit Sub
End If
Next
End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Paulio06" wrote:

HI, is there any way of entering a date in the future in a cell, then
programming it to open and flag when the date arrives? What I want to do is
add a note to the cell to say that when this particular date arrives to
remind me to look into what my task is.

Just want to know if it is possible in excel or if it's a bit too complicated

Can a date in excel be linked with outlook to serve as a reminder GN Excel Worksheet Functions 0 June 8th 07 09:56 AM
Auto pop up reminder P2000 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 May 24th 07 03:32 AM
auto reminder kiran Excel Programming 1 January 17th 06 09:41 PM
Cell shows date, want to email from excel to me as a reminder nldunique Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 November 17th 05 06:08 PM
I need to set up a date reminder in Excel to pop-up. Amielys Excel Worksheet Functions 0 August 1st 05 08:58 PM