Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nldunique

Default Cell shows date, want to email from excel to me as a reminder

cell is formulated to calculate a reminder/due date, want somehow to create
another function for that information/ date to be sent to me as an email so I
can follow up on reminder dates that come up daily. any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bpeltzer

One idea: write the VBA code to search for the reminders to be sent today
(roughly: for each row, check the date criteria and, if appropriate, send
the notice and record in the workbook that the reminder was sent). Then I'd
kick off the process daily using by making this an Auto_Open macro and
invoking the Excel file via Windows Task Scheduler.

"nldunique" wrote:

cell is formulated to calculate a reminder/due date, want somehow to create
another function for that information/ date to be sent to me as an email so I
can follow up on reminder dates that come up daily. any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nldunique

Great idea, I went to VBA and looked through help, unfortunately, not trained
in that area, looking for exact -step by step instructions, do you know of
some steps to get me started.