Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to Print Active Pages in the Worksheet

Hi,

Each worksheet has 25 pages in it.
Some have values some don't.

I was wondering if anybody cen help me with a Module Level Macro
that lets me print pages provided a cell on that page is not equal to zero
(0)

Here it is:

Print page two if F65 < 0
Print page three if F117 < 0
Print page four if F169 < 0
Print page five if F221 < 0

and on . . . until page 25 if cell F1261 < 0

(pattern is every 52 cells beginning with F65 and ending with F1261)

Anybody??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KC KC is offline

Maybe

for i=65 to 1261 step 52
if range("F" & i)<0 then
set print range to rows (i, i+51)
printout
end if
next i

"Gerard Sanchez" wrote in message

Each worksheet has 25 pages in it.
Some have values some don't.

I was wondering if anybody cen help me with a Module Level Macro
that lets me print pages provided a cell on that page is not equal to zero
(0)

Here it is:

Print page two if F65 < 0
Print page three if F117 < 0
Print page four if F169 < 0
Print page five if F221 < 0

and on . . . until page 25 if cell F1261 < 0

(pattern is every 52 cells beginning with F65 and ending with F1261)

Anybody??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi KC

Just tested the code as shown and I got a syntax error?

Sub PrintActivePages()

For i = 65 To 1261 Step 52
If Range("F" & i) < 0 Then
set print range to rows (i, i+51) <--------syntax error here
PrintOut
End If
Next i

End Sub

"KC" wrote in message
Maybe

for i=65 to 1261 step 52
if range("F" & i)<0 then
set print range to rows (i, i+51)
printout
end if
next i

"Gerard Sanchez" wrote in message

Each worksheet has 25 pages in it.
Some have values some don't.

I was wondering if anybody cen help me with a Module Level Macro
that lets me print pages provided a cell on that page is not equal to
zero (0)

Here it is:

Print page two if F65 < 0
Print page three if F117 < 0
Print page four if F169 < 0
Print page five if F221 < 0

and on . . . until page 25 if cell F1261 < 0

(pattern is every 52 cells beginning with F65 and ending with F1261)

Anybody??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KC KC is offline

That is a pseudo code, not actual code.
The macro recorder can help you.

"KC" wrote in message
Maybe

for i=65 to 1261 step 52
if range("F" & i)<0 then
set print range to rows (i, i+51)
printout
end if
next i

"Gerard Sanchez" wrote in message

Each worksheet has 25 pages in it.
Some have values some don't.

I was wondering if anybody cen help me with a Module Level Macro
that lets me print pages provided a cell on that page is not equal to
zero (0)

Here it is:

Print page two if F65 < 0
Print page three if F117 < 0
Print page four if F169 < 0
Print page five if F221 < 0

and on . . . until page 25 if cell F1261 < 0

(pattern is every 52 cells beginning with F65 and ending with F1261)

Anybody??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe...

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
Dim iRow As Long
with Activesheet
For iRow = 65 To 169 Step 52 'change 169 to 1261 when you're ready!
If .Cells(iRow, "F").Value < 0 Then
.Cells(Row, "A").Resize(52, 99).PrintOut preview:=True
End If
Next iRow
End With
End Sub

I assumed that the start of the page is column A of that same row as the one
being checked. And you want to print 99 columns. You'll have to change that or
at least share how to determine both those things.

And I did a print preview to save paper when you're testing. And I used row 169
as my last check--change that when you're ready to try it for real.

Gerard Sanchez wrote:

Can anybody help??

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave,

I have added a few things based on needs, can you please look it over?
Will check code tonight.

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
Dim iRow As Long
with Activesheet
For iRow = 65 To 169 Step 52 'change 169 to 1261 when you're ready!
If .Cells(iRow, "F").Value < 0 And _
If .Cells(iRow,"F").Value < "NOT BALANCED !" Then
<----------Syntax Correct?
.Cells(Row, "A").Resize(52, 9).PrintOut preview:=True
<----------from colun A to I (9 columns)

Else
Msgbx "Printing is Disabled Until All Batches Balanced." , vbOkayOnly
<--Syntax Correct ?
End If

Next iRow
End With
End Sub

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
[...]

Gerard Sanchez wrote:

Can anybody help??

"KC" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The best way to debug your code is to do the work yourself. You'll find your
typos (Row instead of iRow, vbOkayOnly, msgbox....)

After you try to debug your version, try this version:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
Dim iRow As Long
With ActiveSheet
For iRow = 65 To 169 Step 52 'change 169 to 1261 when you're ready!
If .Cells(iRow, "F").Value < 0 _
And UCase(.Cells(iRow, "F").Value) < UCase("NOT BALANCED !") Then
.Cells(iRow, "A").Resize(52, 9).PrintOut preview:=True
Else
MsgBox "Printing is Disabled Until All Batches Balanced.", vbOKOnly
End If
Next iRow
End With
End Sub

Did you really mean to include that space before the exclamation point?

Gerard Sanchez wrote:

[...]

Gerard Sanchez wrote:

Can anybody help??

"KC" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave,

I just finished testing, few things though,

Horizontally page 1 starts from Row 18 to Row 69
Vertically from Column A to I. All 25 pages are 52 rows, 6 columns each

The cell that determines whether the page 2 gets printed is at row F65.
Cell that determines whether page 3 gets printed is at F117, page 4 at F169
and on . . .

Current code prints from Row 65 and repeats every 52 pages. (My fault
wasn't clear with my desc)
Also, is there a way where we can do just one message box when value is
"NOT BALANCED !" and Equal to zero. Because currently message box displays
for all pages that
are not printed due to conditons. i.e., if 4 active pages, 4 messages box
comes up one after the other.

Yes, there is an extra space before the exclamation.

Thanks

Gerard Sanchez wrote:

[...]

Gerard Sanchez wrote:

Can anybody help??

"KC" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave,

Had to edit above post. Sorry.

I just finished testing, few things though,

Horizontally page 1 starts from Row 18 to Row 69
Vertically from Column A to I. All 25 pages are 52 rows, 6 columns each

The cell that determines whether the page 1 gets printed is at row F65.
Cell that determines whether page 2 gets printed is at F117, page 4 at F169
and on . . .

Current code prints from Row 65 and repeats every 52 pages. Which cuts the
active page. Also, is there a way where we can do just one message box when

Gerard Sanchez wrote:

[...]

Gerard Sanchez wrote:

Can anybody help??

"KC" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
Dim iRow As Long

With ActiveSheet
'loop once to validate F65, F117, ...
For iRow = 65 To 169 Step 52 'change 169 to 1261 when you're ready!
If .Cells(iRow, "F").Value < 0 _
And UCase(.Cells(iRow, "F").Value) < UCase("NOT BALANCED !") Then
'do nothing
Else
MsgBox "Printing is Disabled Until All Batches Balanced.", _
vbOKOnly
Exit Sub
End If
Next iRow

'loop a second time to do the real work
For iRow = 65 To 169 Step 52 'change 169 to 1261 when you're ready!
'no need to check again
.Cells(iRow, "A").Offset(iRow - 47, 0).Resize(52, 9).PrintOut _
preview:=True
Next iRow
End With

End Sub

[...]