Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Versions

I sent a friend an xls to help him do some stuff and we had all kinds
of problems as it's a later version.

Can't determine the version as there's no Help -About to see what it
is. There's also no File -Save option.

He did manage to get macro's working but it took 3 days. Again no
Tools menu.

Is there something to describe where these things have gone or what
they're now called?

Also, can you create an xls which will enable macros automatically -
and how do you set a 'Trusted Source' assuming it's still in the later
version ?

Thanks - Kirk
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Look he

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...128621033.aspx

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"kirkm" wrote in message ...
I sent a friend an xls to help him do some stuff and we had all kinds
of problems as it's a later version.

Can't determine the version as there's no Help -About to see what it
is. There's also no File -Save option.

He did manage to get macro's working but it took 3 days. Again no
Tools menu.

Is there something to describe where these things have gone or what
they're now called?

Also, can you create an xls which will enable macros automatically -
and how do you set a 'Trusted Source' assuming it's still in the later
version ?

Thanks - Kirk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 07:54:25 -0000, "Nigel"
wrote:

Gidday

Sounds like you do not a licensed copy of the software or it is a demo
version?

Assume it's the full thing - on a laptop with Vista. But not mine -
somneone I'm helping by email. I suspect licenced or not (and I've not
asked) would make no difference to its backwards compatibilty ?

Try running; this following code

MsgBox Application.Version

Then look up the resulting version number in the following reference

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/versions.htm

Will do. Thanks

Also found someone who knows this and the earlier version(s)
and the differences. Slowing sorting the most important ones.

Cheers - Kirk