Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Consolidate

Hi,
I'm not quite sure how to get what I want to achieve.
I've got a spreadsheet with a list of job roles and what training they need,
then i have a list of all our training.
I want to have a table across the top with the job role and training down
the side then ticks(or numbers) when there is training that is needed by a
role. Is there any easy way to do this? I've tried a pivot table but it
doesn't seem to work?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
Can you please explain the raw data sheets' format. I believe you want the
output somewhat like this..

Training1 Training2
Role1 x
Role2 x
Role3 x x

mozzie wrote:
Hi,
I'm not quite sure how to get what I want to achieve.
I've got a spreadsheet with a list of job roles and what training they need,
then i have a list of all our training.
I want to have a table across the top with the job role and training down
the side then ticks(or numbers) when there is training that is needed by a
role. Is there any easy way to do this? I've tried a pivot table but it
doesn't seem to work?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The raw data stands as :

Required Training
Training 1
Training 2

and the other list is as follows
Role 1 Training1
Role1 Training2 etc.

as you showed below that is exactly how I wish my ouput to be.
Is there a way I can achieve this?

mozzie wrote:
Hi,
I'm not quite sure how to get what I want to achieve.
I've got a spreadsheet with a list of job roles and what training they need,
then i have a list of all our training.
I want to have a table across the top with the job role and training down
the side then ticks(or numbers) when there is training that is needed by a
role. Is there any easy way to do this? I've tried a pivot table but it
doesn't seem to work?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
Using pivot table on the second sheet, you can easily achieve your required
data. Put "Role" in the row lables, "Training" in the column labels and drop
"training" in the middle again.

Thanks,
Aamer

mozzie wrote:
The raw data stands as :

Required Training
Training 1
Training 2

and the other list is as follows
Role 1 Training1
Role1 Training2 etc.

as you showed below that is exactly how I wish my ouput to be.
Is there a way I can achieve this?

Hi,
Can you please explain the raw data sheets' format. I believe you want the

[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]