Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Consolidate

Hi,

I have 10 workbooks which include 10 worksheets each (sheet 1 to 10, that
is, 100 worksheets)
They all have same format and formulas.

I need to consolidate them in one workbook which of course will also include
10 sheets.
What's the best option I have considering that I want the consolidation to
be automatically updated once any of the 10 workbooks is changed?

Thank you
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I have used the way suggested and it works OK, except something that I
cannot understand.

In the consolidation workbook, some of the results are not correct when
there's a SUM where negative numbers are included.
The result is as if the negative numbers that are picked up in some of the
worksheets are turned into positive.

For instance:

3 + 5 + 7 - 3 = 12

But the result I get in the consolidation sheet is 18.

I cannot understand because the negative numbers in their respective
workbooks, have a - (minus) sign, therefore the formula should take this
into consideration.
The formatting is all the same in all the workbooks, that is, "number".

How can I solve this?

Thank you
Alex

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Use links to the workbooks. 1 time setup.

='C:\My Data\[Myfile1.xls]Sheet1'!A1

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Doria/Warris" wrote in message

I have 10 workbooks which include 10 worksheets each (sheet 1 to 10,

that
is, 100 worksheets)
They all have same format and formulas.

I need to consolidate them in one workbook which of course will also

include
10 sheets.
What's the best option I have considering that I want the consolidation

be automatically updated once any of the 10 workbooks is changed?

Thank you
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Perhaps when you consolidate you want to convert some of the foruml
results into values (EditCopy then, EditPasteSpecialValues)