-   -   Consolidate (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/301753-consolidate.html)

Doria/Warris

Consolidate

Hi,

I have 10 workbooks which include 10 worksheets each (sheet 1 to 10, that
is, 100 worksheets)
They all have same format and formulas.

I need to consolidate them in one workbook which of course will also include
10 sheets.
What's the best option I have considering that I want the consolidation to
be automatically updated once any of the 10 workbooks is changed?

Thank you
Alex

Tom Ogilvy

Consolidate

Use links to the workbooks. 1 time setup.

='C:\My Data\[Myfile1.xls]Sheet1'!A1

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Doria/Warris" wrote in message

I have 10 workbooks which include 10 worksheets each (sheet 1 to 10, that
is, 100 worksheets)
They all have same format and formulas.

I need to consolidate them in one workbook which of course will also

include
10 sheets.
What's the best option I have considering that I want the consolidation to
be automatically updated once any of the 10 workbooks is changed?

Thank you
Alex

Doria/Warris

Consolidate

Hi,

I have used the way suggested and it works OK, except something that I
cannot understand.

In the consolidation workbook, some of the results are not correct when
there's a SUM where negative numbers are included.
The result is as if the negative numbers that are picked up in some of the
worksheets are turned into positive.

For instance:

3 + 5 + 7 - 3 = 12

But the result I get in the consolidation sheet is 18.

I cannot understand because the negative numbers in their respective
workbooks, have a - (minus) sign, therefore the formula should take this
into consideration.
The formatting is all the same in all the workbooks, that is, "number".

How can I solve this?

Thank you
Alex

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Use links to the workbooks. 1 time setup.

='C:\My Data\[Myfile1.xls]Sheet1'!A1

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Doria/Warris" wrote in message

I have 10 workbooks which include 10 worksheets each (sheet 1 to 10,

that
is, 100 worksheets)
They all have same format and formulas.

I need to consolidate them in one workbook which of course will also

include
10 sheets.
What's the best option I have considering that I want the consolidation

be automatically updated once any of the 10 workbooks is changed?

Thank you
Alex

MSP77079[_14_]

Consolidate

Perhaps when you consolidate you want to convert some of the foruml
results into values (EditCopy then, EditPasteSpecialValues)