Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Ken is offline

Default boolean to control sort order

Sorry about previous post, I did something spastic and posted
prematurely

I am trying to use a boolean variable to control a sort Order. This
is a sort that is triggered by the double click event and I want to
toggle between Ascending and Decending in successive sorts. I can
get
it to work when my variable a string that is toggled between
xlAscending and xlDecending, I can get it to work when the variable
is
and integer toggled between 1 and 2, and I can get it to work when my
variable is Boolean equal to True. False causes and error. I would
like to simplify my already pretty simple code to

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel
As Boolean)
Range("DB_Cost_Report").Sort Key1:=Target.Offset(3, 0),
Order1:=True, Header:=xlfalse, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False,
Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
ord = Not (ord)
Cancel = True
End Sub

ord is a global variable stored in a regular code module; since it
seems that I can't store a global variable in a worksheet module.

Is it not possible to control the order with a boolean, or am I
missing something.

Thanks

Ken
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Ken is offline

Okay, so I am a spastic idiot; the first time I posted prematurely,
the second time as soon as I sent it I realized my mistake. Since
False corresponds to zero, not 2, which is what I need for a decending
sort, of course it fails. True works fine because it corresponds to 1
which gives me the ascending sort. I guess a couple lines of code to
handle my 1 to 2 to 1 toggle won't be too bad.

Thanks

Ken

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

sortOrder = xlAscending
or
sortOrder = xlDescending

These parameter are really constant numbers store in Excel. You can assign
them to variables. I used blow in the sort SortOrder instead of xlAscending
or xlDescending

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel
As Boolean)
Range("DB_Cost_Report").Sort Key1:=Target.Offset(3, 0),
Order1:=sortOrder, Header:=xlfalse, _