Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do I control the sort order of a filter in a pivot table?

I have a large dataset that I am running a pivot table on...the dataset
contains 300 customer names. I use customer name as a filter. In the filter
drop down, the first half of the list is in alphabetical order that ends in a
(blank) then the second half of the filter list is randomly sorted customer
names. Makes it hard to find what I need. Anyone have any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Temporarily move the customer name field to the row area.
In Excel 2007:
Right-click on the field heading, click SortSort A to Z
Move the field back to the Report Filter area

or, in Excel 2003 and earlier:
Right-click on the field heading, click Field Settings
Click Advanced
Click Ascending, then click OK, twice

--
Debra Dalgleish