Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default read data from access table.

I have an excel file where i have data in column A. I want to click a command
button and compare the value in column A with data from a access table column
B.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't know if you want a macro approach or a worksheet approach. Youcan
record a macro will performing the manual query to get the results. Queries
Don't open the file. the arre other methoods which both open and not open
the file.

From worksheet menu

Data - Import External Data - New Database Query

"Daniel M" wrote:

I have an excel file where i have data in column A. I want to click a command
button and compare the value in column A with data from a access table column
B.

Can someone give me some suggestions no how to do this? Also does the access
database have to be open in order to run the query? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What i would like is to be able to click a command button and compare the
data. I would prefer to not to have the access database open to do this.
Other than that i am open to suggestions. I am basically creating a watch
list. If the number on the worksheet matches a serial number in the table it
will throw up a message box alerting the user. That is all it has to do. i
don't need to write to the DB.

"Joel" wrote:

I don't know if you want a macro approach or a worksheet approach. Youcan
record a macro will performing the manual query to get the results. Queries
Don't open the file. the arre other methoods which both open and not open
the file.

From worksheet menu

"Daniel M" wrote:

I have an excel file where i have data in column A. I want to click a command
button and compare the value in column A with data from a access table column
B.

Can someone give me some suggestions no how to do this? Also does the access
database have to be open in order to run the query? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Record a macro while manually doing the query. Then post the learned macro
along with the columns and the lcoation of where the data is stored in the
query that you need compared.

I will write a macro that moves the old data to a temporary location and
then compare the data. One method is to have a data sheet with the name of
the watch item in column A, the old value in column B, and the New value in
Column C, and the delta in column D.

"Joel" wrote:

I don't know if you want a macro approach or a worksheet approach. Youcan
record a macro will performing the manual query to get the results. Queries
Don't open the file. the arre other methoods which both open and not open
the file.

From worksheet menu