Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default read data from access table.

I don't know if you want a macro approach or a worksheet approach. Youcan
record a macro will performing the manual query to get the results. Queries
Don't open the file. the arre other methoods which both open and not open
the file.

From worksheet menu

Data - Import External Data - New Database Query

"Daniel M" wrote:

I have an excel file where i have data in column A. I want to click a command
button and compare the value in column A with data from a access table column
B.

Can someone give me some suggestions no how to do this? Also does the access
database have to be open in order to run the query? Thanks.