Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default import data

I am a novice at excel, having most of my experience with SQL and Crystal
Reports.

I have crystal report that will dump all of my data and formulas into excel
spreadsheets, but I don't want to copy and paste each spreadsheet into the
excel templates that I have inherited.

The reporting criteria is very specific with needs for auto sort, headers,
column freezes, which I cannot incorporate into the dump from Crystal.

Is there a way to keep my template and import the data from specific rows on
a different spreadsheet. I have already asked about linking the data, but
management does not want the popup question about refreshing the data, which
has left me with the copy paste method until I can figure out a better method.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Please be specific, as I am not familiar
with excel functionality.

Thanks,
Jennifer
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can copy just the format from a Templet into the Crystal Report. Copy
the entire Templet worksheet by pressing on the Gray button between Row 1 and
Column A (which will highlight the entire worksheet). The Press Cntl-C to
copy templet worksheet.

Then go to Crystal Report and highlight entire worksheet (see above
instructions). then go to menu Edit - PasteSpecial and select Format. The
format from the templet will be used to format the Crystal Report.

"Jennifer" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for thr suggestion which will work very well on some of my single
worksheet reports, but there is a flaw in the plan for this particular
project.

Since crystal dumps the data into separate xls files and the final report is
one file with multiple worksheets that have references to other worksheets in
the workbook moving the formatting to the crystal worksheets won't provide
the final product.

Thanks,
Jennifer