Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do you Find with data in hidden columns

In Excel 2003, I use VBA code to find the column with a specific title.
The Find works well as long as the column is not hidden. Unfortunately it
has to be hidden and I don't want to hard-code the column address.
Suggestions welcomed!
Thanks - Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Turn screenupdating off.
Unhide the columns
do the find
hide the columns
turn screenupdating on

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Doesn't care if hidden.

Sub findhiddencol()
MsgBox Rows(1).Find("specific title").Column

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Dreiding" wrote in message
In Excel 2003, I use VBA code to find the column with a specific title.
The Find works well as long as the column is not hidden. Unfortunately it
has to be hidden and I don't want to hard-code the column address.
Suggestions welcomed!
Thanks - Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don,

I'm sorry to say, at least for my environment, it does care if the column is
hidden.
I'm using Dave Peterson suggestion of looping through each cell.

- Pat