Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How To: VBA Cells.Find(..... also look in hidden columns?

Hi,
I'm try to find a value in a specific column. The column
itself is hidden.

I use the command, rgeUniqueID.Cells.Find
(What:=strFindUniqueID, LookIn:=xlValues,
SearchOrder:=xlRows, MatchCase:=False)

The code works fine when the column is not hidden. The
point is that I don't want to hide and show the column
each time a need to search for a Unique ID.

Thanks for your help
regards
KM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hmmm, it doesn't see to like the xlValues parameter.

Trying to replicate the approach:

rngUniqueID.Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants ). _
Find(What:=strFindUniqueID, LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
SearchOrder:=xlRows, MatchCase:=False)

seems to work for hidden columns.

Specialcells has a disadvantage in that it can't be used in a protected
sheet. Reprotecting the sheet with userinterfaceonly will work around that
limitation if applicable.