Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Create sheets from Autofilter output

Hello,

I am quite new to VBA programming so I have no idea if this is possible to
create.

My problem. I have a workbook with one sheet containing all order data for
our company.
From this workbook I want to create a new workbook with extracts per
customer and description of product. Each product shoul generate an own sheet
in this workbook.

Does anyone have an idea??

Regards
--
Tomas S
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why want you to have so much unneccessary work?

Instead design some report sheet (probably named like CustOrdersRep or
someting like it), where in header rows you select a customer from data
validation list (and maybe enter some date interval too), and below all
orders matching those conditions are displayed. Much easier to handle, you
don't need to redesign you workbook when new customers are added, and your
workbook dont get too slow because too much complex formulas. And no VBA is
needed - worksheet formuals will do!

Arvi Laanemets

"Tomas Stroem" wrote in message
Hello,

I am quite new to VBA programming so I have no idea if this is possible to
create.

My problem. I have a workbook with one sheet containing all order data for
our company.
From this workbook I want to create a new workbook with extracts per
customer and description of product. Each product shoul generate an own
sheet
in this workbook.

Does anyone have an idea??

Regards
--
Tomas S

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I need to be able to make copies of extracts of information that i can
distribute easily to diferent persons that need ta take actions depending on
product.

I have now found out how ta make the first step, ie. take one specific
produkt and one specific customer to a new sheet.

Would now need to be able to list the products specifics and input them in
an autofilter as "contains".

--
Tomas S

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote:

Why want you to have so much unneccessary work?

Instead design some report sheet (probably named like CustOrdersRep or
someting like it), where in header rows you select a customer from data
validation list (and maybe enter some date interval too), and below all
orders matching those conditions are displayed. Much easier to handle, you
don't need to redesign you workbook when new customers are added, and your
workbook dont get too slow because too much complex formulas. And no VBA is
needed - worksheet formuals will do!

Arvi Laanemets

"Tomas Stroem" wrote in message
Hello,

I am quite new to VBA programming so I have no idea if this is possible to
create.

My problem. I have a workbook with one sheet containing all order data for
our company.
From this workbook I want to create a new workbook with extracts per
customer and description of product. Each product shoul generate an own
sheet
in this workbook.

Does anyone have an idea??

Regards
--
Tomas S

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Install CutePDF Writer on your PC (it's freeware), print customer reports as
pdf's, and distribute them - those other persons can read and print them
when they have Acrobat Reader installed (usually they have, and when not,
it's free too). Much less bites to move around, no fear that some mailserver
throws out your xls attachments, no fear that somebody overwrites your data
accidentaly meanwhile, and to wiew reports no Excel is needed.

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote:

[...]

From this workbook I want to create a new workbook with extracts per
customer and description of product. Each product shoul generate an own
sheet
in this workbook.

Does anyone have an idea??

Regards
--
Tomas S

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'd look at these techniques:

Ron de Bruin's EasyFilter addin:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

Code from Debra Dalgleish's site:

Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

Update Sheets from Master -- uses an Advanced Filter to send data from
Master sheet to individual worksheets -- replaces old data with current.
AdvFilterCity.xls 55 kb

Tomas Stroem wrote:

Hello,

I am quite new to VBA programming so I have no idea if this is possible to
create.

My problem. I have a workbook with one sheet containing all order data for
our company.
From this workbook I want to create a new workbook with extracts per
customer and description of product. Each product shoul generate an own sheet
in this workbook.

Does anyone have an idea??

Regards
--