Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Text from word to be pasted in excel

Dear All

I have bulleted text with some single line and some three lines.
The excel sheet has first 50 rows of formulas and data.
What is the best way to copy the word text and paste it into excel from say
after row 50.

or is there a way to link the word to excel so that as they type in word it
is in excel.

brgds/captgnvr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

1. You can copy and paste from Word to Excel and if the data is in a Word
table it comes in perfectly. Just select the data in Word, click Copy,
switch to Excel, choose paste.
2. You can link from Word to Excel although I've never seen anyone do it.
In Word select the data and choose Copy, switch to Excel and choose Edit,
Paste Special, Paste Links, Microsoft Office Word Document. This works best
with Word tables, but is still not too hot.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"CAPTGNVR" wrote:

Dear All

I have bulleted text with some single line and some three lines.
The excel sheet has first 50 rows of formulas and data.
What is the best way to copy the word text and paste it into excel from say
after row 50.

or is there a way to link the word to excel so that as they type in word it
is in excel.

brgds/captgnvr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

D/Shane
Thnks for the guidance. Sorry that I hv forgotten to mention that when I
copy the bulleted text from word to excel, I get the message saying that it
has to be of same size etc. Then I unmerge all the cells and try; it takes
the full matter in one cell and the row height gets changed. Then I have to
merge about 6 columns and reduce the row height and do the same for rest of
the copied text.

I know I am not doing it in a better way.

Why I need it is one company report is in word and another company report is
in excel. So I have to type same matter for both. So prefer to copy from
word to excel. Pls help.
brgds/captgnvr