Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default EDATE & #NA Errors

Hello,
I recently switched to Excel 2007 and I am still using and modifying
models created in Excel 2003. Sometimes, I am getting the #NA errors
where my EDATE function is supposed to be when I open the file. It
seems to have something with transferring between Excel 2003 and 2007
versions. When I close and open the file in 2007 that seems to be when
the issue occurs. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have
the analysis toolpak active as well as automatic calculations. I
haven't been able to pinpoint why or how to fix. Any suggestions?
Thank you for your time in advance. DJC
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Edate and all the ATP functions are built into Excel 2007. So you
definitely do not need or want the ATP attached. Beyond that you might see
Ron's page here if a non-English language is involved. I don't use these
functions much so that's the extent of my "knowledge".

http://www.rondebruin.nl/atp.htm

--
Jim
"cardan" wrote in message
| Hello,
| I recently switched to Excel 2007 and I am still using and modifying
| models created in Excel 2003. Sometimes, I am getting the #NA errors
| where my EDATE function is supposed to be when I open the file. It
| seems to have something with transferring between Excel 2003 and 2007
| versions. When I close and open the file in 2007 that seems to be when
| the issue occurs. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have
| the analysis toolpak active as well as automatic calculations. I
| haven't been able to pinpoint why or how to fix. Any suggestions?
| Thank you for your time in advance. DJC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim"cardan" wrote in message

| Hello,
| I recently switched to Excel 2007 and I am still using and modifying
| models created in Excel 2003. Sometimes, I am getting the #NA errors
| where my EDATE function is supposed to be when I open the file. It
| seems to have something with transferring between Excel 2003 and 2007
| versions. When I close and open the file in 2007 that seems to be when
| the issue occurs. *Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have
| the analysis toolpak active as well as automatic calculations. I
| haven't been able to pinpoint why or how to fix. Any suggestions?
| Thank you for your time in advance. *DJC

Thanks Jim, It is an English version so I don't believe that is the
issue. You mentioned that I do not need or want the ATP attached. How
do I take it off? I had to install the ATP in 2007 when I first got
it. Do I have to "uncheck" these add-ins? Thanks again.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yeah you should be able to uncheck it under Excel Options, Add-ins, "Go"
but, upon reflection, I don't think it's the problem. At least if it's the
Excel 2007 version of the add-in, which you can tell from the path.

The ATP is not needed for the worksheet functions but it is still needed for
the ATP menu commands. I know you're not using them (they appear at the end
of the Data tab in Excel 2007) but that proves to me that the 2007 version
of the add-in coexists just fine with Excel 2007.

So I don't know what the problem is and probably should have kept quiet<g.

I see MS has an article on the removal of the functions from the add-in but
it doesn't seem to help with your problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912719

--
Jim

Jim"cardan" wrote in message

| Hello,
| I recently switched to Excel 2007 and I am still using and modifying
| models created in Excel 2003. Sometimes, I am getting the #NA errors
| where my EDATE function is supposed to be when I open the file. It
| seems to have something with transferring between Excel 2003 and 2007
| versions. When I close and open the file in 2007 that seems to be when
| the issue occurs. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have
| the analysis toolpak active as well as automatic calculations. I
| haven't been able to pinpoint why or how to fix. Any suggestions?
| Thank you for your time in advance. DJC

Thanks Jim, It is an English version so I don't believe that is the
issue. You mentioned that I do not need or want the ATP attached. How
do I take it off? I had to install the ATP in 2007 when I first got
it. Do I have to "uncheck" these add-ins? Thanks again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim"cardan" wrote in message

| Hello,
| I recently switched to Excel 2007 and I am still using and modifying
| models created in Excel 2003. Sometimes, I am getting the #NA errors
| where my EDATE function is supposed to be when I open the file. It
| seems to have something with transferring between Excel 2003 and 2007
| versions. When I close and open the file in 2007 that seems to be when
| the issue occurs. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have
| the analysis toolpak active as well as automatic calculations. I
| haven't been able to pinpoint why or how to fix. Any suggestions?
| Thank you for your time in advance. DJC

Thanks Jim, It is an English version so I don't believe that is the
issue. You mentioned that I do not need or want the ATP attached. How
do I take it off? I had to install the ATP in 2007 when I first got
it. Do I have to "uncheck" these add-ins? *Thanks again.- Hide quoted text -

I will check my setting and play around to see if they work. I did
some research to find out if someone else is having this problem and I
could only find one other instance at
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/...a-error-w.aspx.
Same issue - and still no one seems to be able to replicate. I will
keep you posted. Thanks again for your time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MED MED is offline

Unfortunately I have the same problem, with this function on Excel 2007, but
I do not find the way to solve it,
When I open a file where i used Edate, all my calculation appear with #NA,
and i have to redo all the doc.
If someone, or may be the principal interested, ie Microsoft, have a
solution, it can be very helpful !!!
thanks