Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Modules

Hi Everyone:

I was wondering if in the VBA section of excel 2003, there is a way to
create folders, so that I can organize my modules. For example if I have 9
modules in my project, I want to create 2 folders, one containing 3 modules,
and the other the rest of the modules (6 modules). Thanks for your help.

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

there is a way to create folders

No there isn't. The best you can do I think is to name of modules you want
to keep together similarly since Excel lists them alphabetically.

--
Jim
"Bob" wrote in message
Hi Everyone:

I was wondering if in the VBA section of excel 2003, there is a way to
create folders, so that I can organize my modules. For example if I have
9 modules in my project, I want to create 2 folders, one containing 3
modules, and the other the rest of the modules (6 modules). Thanks for
your help.

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I often name modules with a single lowercase letter followed by the module
name beginning with an uppercase letter. Example:
aPublicDefs
bInitialization
cFunctions
dGeometry
eEtc

That "groups" them as I desire and orders them in a way that makes sense to
me. Since I do not use the module names in the code, it is easy to insert
a new module by just changing the 1st letters of the modules that follow.

On Sun, 7 Sep 2008 20:54:23 -0400, "Jim Rech" wrote:

there is a way to create folders

No there isn't. The best you can do I think is to name of modules you want
to keep together similarly since Excel lists them alphabetically.

Public, Private, Event modules, Forms modules,,, Jim May Excel Programming 11 October 31st 05 03:12 AM
Basic question - modules and class modules - what's the difference? Mark Stephens[_3_] Excel Programming 9 May 8th 05 11:48 AM
When to code in sheet or userform modules and when to use modules Tony James Excel Programming 1 December 16th 04 10:02 PM
modules libby Excel Programming 4 November 22nd 03 01:34 PM
Class Modules vs Modules Jeff Marshall Excel Programming 2 September 28th 03 07:57 PM