Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Public, Private, Event modules, Forms modules,,,

Theis is probably simple, but not to me (at this point)...

If I assign a value (an integer, say 5) to a variable "mySeq" while in an
Event module, say sheet1 and I need to "use it" immediately in Command
button Click event
of a Form frmPOReqEdit, how would I do that?
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

assume it is typed/declared at the top of the sheet1 (code name) module
outside any procedures

Public MySeq

then in the userform.

v = Sheet1!MySeq

Tom Ogilvy

"Jim May" wrote in message
Theis is probably simple, but not to me (at this point)...

If I assign a value (an integer, say 5) to a variable "mySeq" while in an
Event module, say sheet1 and I need to "use it" immediately in Command
button Click event
of a Form frmPOReqEdit, how would I do that?
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

v = Sheet1!MySeq

Should be Sheet1.MySeq

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Jim May" wrote in message
Theis is probably simple, but not to me (at this point)...

If I assign a value (an integer, say 5) to a variable "mySeq"
while in an
Event module, say sheet1 and I need to "use it" immediately in
Command
button Click event
of a Form frmPOReqEdit, how would I do that?
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think I did as you said, but now I'm getting
R/T 438 - Obj doesn't support this prop or meth..

After clicking Debug I'm taken to my user module code
window with highlite covering:
CurrRowNo = Sheet2!MySeq

Any thoughts on what I might try to fix?
TIA,
Jim

"Jim May" wrote in message
Theis is probably simple, but not to me (at this point)...

If I assign a value (an integer, say 5) to a variable "mySeq" while in an
Event module, say sheet1 and I need to "use it" immediately in Command
button Click event
of a Form frmPOReqEdit, how would I do that?
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom's post had a typo: an exclamation mark where there should
have been a period.

Use
CurrRowNo = Sheet2.MySeq

--

"Jim May" wrote in message
Theis is probably simple, but not to me (at this point)...

If I assign a value (an integer, say 5) to a variable "mySeq"
while in an
Event module, say sheet1 and I need to "use it" immediately
in Command
button Click event
of a Form frmPOReqEdit, how would I do that?
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, thanks, that got me PAST that Line, however I'm
now stopped at the next line with R/T 1004 App...
Holding the cursor over Sheet2.MySeq reads "EMPTY",
probably why it is bombing..
hummmm..
Appreciate your help.
Jim

"Jim May" wrote in message
Theis is probably simple, but not to me (at this point)...

If I assign a value (an integer, say 5) to a variable "mySeq" while in
an
Event module, say sheet1 and I need to "use it" immediately in Command
button Click event
of a Form frmPOReqEdit, how would I do that?
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

MySeq is created in a Before Double-Click Event
which after performing certain code ends with
Cancel = True;
Does that matter?
Jim

"Jim May" wrote in message
Theis is probably simple, but not to me (at this point)...

If I assign a value (an integer, say 5) to a variable "mySeq" while in
an
Event module, say sheet1 and I need to "use it" immediately in Command
button Click event
of a Form frmPOReqEdit, how would I do that?
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

MySeq is created in a Before Double-Click Event

If by "created" you mean declared, then that variable is
accessible only within that procedure. You can access from
outside the procedure. If you need to share a variable between
two or more procedures, declare the variable outside of and prior
to any procedure in the module.

Cancel = True;
Does that matter?

No.

--

"Jim May" wrote in message
Theis is probably simple, but not to me (at this point)...

If I assign a value (an integer, say 5) to a variable
"mySeq" while in an
Event module, say sheet1 and I need to "use it"
immediately in Command
button Click event
of a Form frmPOReqEdit, how would I do that?
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In My Sheet2 code module (at the top)
after Option Explicit
I have -- Public MySeq
Two procedured down I have my On-Double-Click Procedure where MySeq "is
DECLARED".
It is this integer that I need in a later procedure of
the Userform's saving of Control values back to the worksheet.

"Jim May" wrote in message
Theis is probably simple, but not to me (at this point)...

If I assign a value (an integer, say 5) to a variable "mySeq" while
in an
Event module, say sheet1 and I need to "use it" immediately in
Command
button Click event
of a Form frmPOReqEdit, how would I do that?
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You shouldn't declare MySeq in you DoubleClick event. It is declared once
and that is at the top of the module with

Public MySeq

when you declare it in DoubleClick it is local to DoubleClick and your
Public Variable (a different variable) is not visible inside DoubleClick
because the local doubleclick takes precedence / screens it.

To summarize, you are providing a value to the local version and the public
version and a completely separate variable, seen by your Userform module
code, is uninitialized.
Tom Ogilvy

"Jim May" wrote in message
Theis is probably simple, but not to me (at this point)...

If I assign a value (an integer, say 5) to a variable "mySeq"

while
in an
Event module, say sheet1 and I need to "use it" immediately in
Command
button Click event
of a Form frmPOReqEdit, how would I do that?
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

PROBLEM SOLVED !!
Thank you Jesus!, and you too Tom and Chip..
I so much appreciate you guys "giving"
of your time and resources to "us others"
who want to (one day) know this great product..
Good night!!
Jim