Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default proper case using Microsoft Office Professional 2003

I have a column in excel with names that show for example WHITE, MARY I
want to change the names in the column to show the last name in one column
and the first name in the second column. I also want to change from all caps
to just the first initial in the last name and first name capitalized.
Also, can I change the whole column at once?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Aug 5, 4:10*pm,
m wrote:
I have a column in excel with names that show for example WHITE, MARY * * I
want to change the names in the column to show the last name in one column
and the first name in the second column. *I also want to change from all caps
to just the first initial in the last name and first name capitalized. *
Also, can I change the whole column at once?

Are you referring to wanting to do this in Excel, firstly?

You can use Text to columns, parse the data and use the LEFT function
to amend the case. Let me know HTH :-D
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First I changed the data by typing =Proper(A2) in cell B2 and then copied the
formula down through the column. Then I used the text to columns. Is there
a quicker way?