Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Jim Rech's SheetToHTML function doesn't work in Excel 2007?

After searching around the web, I havent found any solution that allows me
to use Jim Rech's SheetToHTML function discussed at (amongst other places):

http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/ol...ingExceltoHTML

€¦ to generate an Outlook email from Excel 2007. The code I used, adapted
from these suggestions, works fine in Excel 2003 (even when output is to
Outlook 2007), but when run from Excel 2007, it produces an email with the
message "This page uses frames, but your browser doesn't support them".

The code I use copies the contents of a sheet in an Add-in file, saves it to
a temporary HTML file and generates that content within the body of the
Outlook email (at least it does from Excel 2003 €“ in Excel 2007, I get the
above message). I compared the HTML output from both 2007 and 2003. The
HTML was drastically different between the two versions with 364 lines of
code produced in 2007 vs. 164 in 2003. While I am not sure that is relevant,
I suspect the way Excel 2007 generates its HTML is a factor here.

Does anyone have any suggestions I might pursue to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:13:01 -0700, JeffreyW
wrote:

[...]

From what I understand, Excel beefed up it's html output to include frames,
while Outlook switched it's html rendering engine from IE to Word. Word
doesn't support frames and that's where the error lies.

If you don't need perfect fidelity, you might try David McRitchie's html
converter code:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xl2html.htm
--
Dick Kusleika
Microsoft MVP-Excel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for posting, Dick. A friend (Kevin Jones or zorvek) over at
expertexchange.com also came to the same conclusion you did about Outlook
dropping IE as it's rendering engine and referred me to this link which
explains the issue in more depth.

http://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/..._design_b.html

I took a look at David McRitchie's html converter code as you suggested,
but for my immediate application, his caveat that "Hyperlinks will not be
generated for =HYPERLINK(...,...)" is a show stopper for me. Kevin also
stated that "The only possible solution would be to write your own html
generator" ... which is beyond my skills, so I posted here hoping that
others might have found an Excel 2007 solution. I'll keep this link handy
for future uses but unfortunately, it won't solve my current problem. I do
appreciate your input, though, Dick.

Jeff

From what I understand, Excel beefed up it's html output to include frames,
while Outlook switched it's html rendering engine from IE to Word. Word
doesn't support frames and that's where the error lies.

If you don't need perfect fidelity, you might try David McRitchie's html
converter code:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xl2html.htm
--
Dick Kusleika
Microsoft MVP-Excel
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you try my code ?
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail2.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"JeffreyW" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

You can also use
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mailenvelope.htm

Ok, I finally got through the exercise using Ron De Bruin's above code as
described at:

.... and have got it working. I had problems because other code of mine was
interfering with his (primarily, hiding and/or showing the source sheet in an
add-in that was copied to the email body), but I believe I've got it working
now (although still some trouble-shooting to do on related issues but I
think I can work those out).

I should note that Ron's solution also created the email in Excel (with the
sheet as an attachment) as opposed to opening an Outlook email per se. A
little less intuitve than the previous SheettoHTML code in XL 2003 provided,
but functional nonetheless.

Thanks, Ron, both for posting and having a solution to this issue!

Jeff