Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JeffreyW JeffreyW is offline

Default Jim Rech's SheetToHTML function doesn't work in Excel 2007?

Thanks for posting, Dick. A friend (Kevin Jones or zorvek) over at
expertexchange.com also came to the same conclusion you did about Outlook
dropping IE as it's rendering engine and referred me to this link which
explains the issue in more depth.

http://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/..._design_b.html

I took a look at David McRitchie's html converter code as you suggested,
but for my immediate application, his caveat that "Hyperlinks will not be
generated for =HYPERLINK(...,...)" is a show stopper for me. Kevin also
stated that "The only possible solution would be to write your own html
generator" ... which is beyond my skills, so I posted here hoping that
others might have found an Excel 2007 solution. I'll keep this link handy
for future uses but unfortunately, it won't solve my current problem. I do
appreciate your input, though, Dick.

Jeff

From what I understand, Excel beefed up it's html output to include frames,
while Outlook switched it's html rendering engine from IE to Word. Word
doesn't support frames and that's where the error lies.

If you don't need perfect fidelity, you might try David McRitchie's html
converter code:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xl2html.htm
--
Dick Kusleika