Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default renaming a Named Range in multiple workbooks

Hello all

I want to be able to rename a "Named Range" (Someone spelled it wrong) and
now I have 1600+ workbooks that I need to change. This could be multiple
places in the workbook itself.

I was thinking that I could possibly do it with VB 6 or VB 2008. I was
hoping that someone may have already had this issue and a quick solutions...

If not then it's on to the coding...

Thanks in advance.

Rob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi Tagwim

See this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm

You can change the red code block to do what you want

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Tagwim" wrote in message ...
Hello all

I want to be able to rename a "Named Range" (Someone spelled it wrong) and
now I have 1600+ workbooks that I need to change. This could be multiple
places in the workbook itself.

I was thinking that I could possibly do it with VB 6 or VB 2008. I was
hoping that someone may have already had this issue and a quick solutions...

If not then it's on to the coding...

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron,

A question if I may. The named Range that I am looking to rename may also
be used in calculations. Does this also handle this?

Thank you

Rob

"Tagwim" wrote in message ...
Hello all

I want to be able to rename a "Named Range" (Someone spelled it wrong) and
now I have 1600+ workbooks that I need to change. This could be multiple
places in the workbook itself.

I was thinking that I could possibly do it with VB 6 or VB 2008. I was
hoping that someone may have already had this issue and a quick solutions...

If not then it's on to the coding...

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tagwim

If you use something like this

With mybook.Names("tax")
.Name = "taxlow"
End With

And you have a formula like this

=A4*tax

It will change to

=A4*taxlow

--

"Tagwim" wrote in message ...
Hello all

I want to be able to rename a "Named Range" (Someone spelled it wrong) and
now I have 1600+ workbooks that I need to change. This could be multiple
places in the workbook itself.

I was thinking that I could possibly do it with VB 6 or VB 2008. I was
hoping that someone may have already had this issue and a quick solutions...

If not then it's on to the coding...

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rob,

Unfortunately renaming a Name via VBA does not change the name in Formulae
and any other place where the name is referenced.

Name Manager (http://www.DecisionModels.com/downloads.htm) will handle the
renaming in formulae and other places for a single workbook, but 1600 one at
a time would be tough.

Charles
The Excel Calculation Site

"Tagwim" wrote in message
Hello all

I want to be able to rename a "Named Range" (Someone spelled it wrong)
and
now I have 1600+ workbooks that I need to change. This could be
multiple
places in the workbook itself.

I was thinking that I could possibly do it with VB 6 or VB 2008. I was
hoping that someone may have already had this issue and a quick
solutions...

If not then it's on to the coding...

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Charlie

Working OK here in 2007 where I test it but I see that in Excel 2003 it is different
No time to test it now (tomorrow I will if you not have a answer)

--

"Tagwim" wrote in message ...
Hello all

I want to be able to rename a "Named Range" (Someone spelled it wrong) and
now I have 1600+ workbooks that I need to change. This could be multiple
places in the workbook itself.

I was thinking that I could possibly do it with VB 6 or VB 2008. I was
hoping that someone may have already had this issue and a quick solutions...

If not then it's on to the coding...

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron,

Thanks, I did not know that (although I knew the native 2007 Msoft Name
manager can do it).

Charles
The Excel Calculation Site
http://www.decisionmodels.com