Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charles Williams Charles Williams is offline

Default renaming a Named Range in multiple workbooks

Hi Ron,

Thanks, I did not know that (although I knew the native 2007 Msoft Name
manager can do it).

Charles
The Excel Calculation Site
http://www.decisionmodels.com

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
Hi Charles
It is working in Excel 2007

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Charles Williams" wrote in message
Rob,

Unfortunately renaming a Name via VBA does not change the name in
Formulae and any other place where the name is referenced.

Name Manager (http://www.DecisionModels.com/downloads.htm) will handle
the renaming in formulae and other places for a single workbook, but 1600
one at a time would be tough.

Charles
The Excel Calculation Site
http://www.decisionmodels.com

"Tagwim" wrote in message
Ron,

A question if I may. The named Range that I am looking to rename may
also
be used in calculations. Does this also handle this?

Thank you

Rob

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

hi Tagwim

See this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm

You can change the red code block to do what you want

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Tagwim" wrote in message
Hello all

I want to be able to rename a "Named Range" (Someone spelled it
wrong) and
now I have 1600+ workbooks that I need to change. This could be
multiple
places in the workbook itself.

I was thinking that I could possibly do it with VB 6 or VB 2008. I
was
hoping that someone may have already had this issue and a quick
solutions...

If not then it's on to the coding...

Thanks in advance.

Rob