Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel macros run out of memory in Windows Vista

Please help. My new Dell laptop came with Windows Vista. I transferred some
Excel spreadsheets from my Windows XP desktop computer (also a Dell) to my
new laptop. Those spreadsheets were created in Windows XP and are the heart
of my business. Their macros, though voluminous, ran fast and perfectly in
XP. Now, on my laptop, they can't even finish their processing due to running
out of memory. My laptop has three gigs of RAM whereas my 5-year-old desktop
has only 512k. How can I get my macros to fully run within my laptop? Thank
you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What version(s) of Excel ? XL2007 is reported to be slower than previous
versions.

Hard to say anything else without seeing any code or knowing what the macros
are doing...

Tim

"horsepro001" wrote in message
Please help. My new Dell laptop came with Windows Vista. I transferred
some
Excel spreadsheets from my Windows XP desktop computer (also a Dell) to my
new laptop. Those spreadsheets were created in Windows XP and are the
heart
of my business. Their macros, though voluminous, ran fast and perfectly in
XP. Now, on my laptop, they can't even finish their processing due to
running
out of memory. My laptop has three gigs of RAM whereas my 5-year-old
desktop
has only 512k. How can I get my macros to fully run within my laptop?
Thank
you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As Tim says, it's hard to know what the problem is without knowing more about
what the code does, but one possibility is that if, for instance, the macros
performed some kind of loop over the entire sheet/workbook, they may be doing
a lot more work in XL2007 than in XL2003 (assuming these are the Excel
versions you are going to and from). That is just a guess though...
--
There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary and
those who don't.