Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBE is disabled

Hi there. I have Excel 2007 and 2003 on one machine (I am not sure but this
can be relevant). When I open or create any workbook in 2007 and even save it
as a macro-enabled one, I still cannot get to the VBE - it's simply disabled.
I have set all the macro-related options to the less restrictive. It still
does not want to cooperate. Does anyone have any idea why almost all of the
buttons on the Developer Ribbon are disabled?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Darlove" wrote in message
Hi there. I have Excel 2007 and 2003 on one machine (I am not sure but
this
can be relevant). When I open or create any workbook in 2007 and even save
it
as a macro-enabled one, I still cannot get to the VBE - it's simply
disabled.
I have set all the macro-related options to the less restrictive. It still
does not want to cooperate. Does anyone have any idea why almost all of
the
buttons on the Developer Ribbon are disabled?

Are you running an evaluation version of Office 2007? Those come without
VBA by design from what I've heard.

--
Rob Bovey, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

* Take your Excel development skills to the next level.
* Professional Excel Development
http://www.appspro.com/Books/Books.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Re-run Office Setup and be sure to pick VBA from the Shared Features group.

--
Jim
"Darlove" wrote in message
| Hi there. I have Excel 2007 and 2003 on one machine (I am not sure but
this
| can be relevant). When I open or create any workbook in 2007 and even save
it
| as a macro-enabled one, I still cannot get to the VBE - it's simply
disabled.
| I have set all the macro-related options to the less restrictive. It still
| does not want to cooperate. Does anyone have any idea why almost all of
the
| buttons on the Developer Ribbon are disabled?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No. I have a fully functional corporate version. Strange is that there is no
way to get to the VBE. All the places from which you could enter the Editor
are disabled no matter what you do...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Darlove" wrote in message
No. I have a fully functional corporate version. Strange is that there is
no
way to get to the VBE. All the places from which you could enter the
Editor
are disabled no matter what you do...

I'd rule out any problem specifically with Excel by verifying that you
also can't get into the VBE from Word or PowerPoint. If this is the case, my
guess is that whomever installed your copy of Office 2007 didn't install
VBA, so have them redo it.

--
Rob Bovey, Excel MVP
Application Professionals
http://www.appspro.com/

* Take your Excel development skills to the next level.
* Professional Excel Development
http://www.appspro.com/Books/Books.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim, I'll try it tomorrow morning and let you know. I can't do it now since
the time is up.

why is my Data tab disabled? llacher Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 May 8th 23 03:43 AM
Cut is disabled BSchmeltz Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 March 1st 07 02:30 PM
macros disabled Curt Excel Programming 0 February 26th 07 04:44 PM
Disabled add-ins Rog Excel Programming 3 October 26th 05 04:00 PM
Help becomes disabled mern Excel Programming 0 February 7th 04 09:06 PM