Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default VBE is disabled

"Darlove" wrote in message
Hi there. I have Excel 2007 and 2003 on one machine (I am not sure but
this
can be relevant). When I open or create any workbook in 2007 and even save
it
as a macro-enabled one, I still cannot get to the VBE - it's simply
disabled.
I have set all the macro-related options to the less restrictive. It still
does not want to cooperate. Does anyone have any idea why almost all of
the
buttons on the Developer Ribbon are disabled?

Are you running an evaluation version of Office 2007? Those come without
VBA by design from what I've heard.

--
Rob Bovey, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

* Take your Excel development skills to the next level.
* Professional Excel Development
http://www.appspro.com/Books/Books.htm