Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default datacontrol grid problem

hi everyone,

whenever i try inserting a datacontrol grid in my worksheet, i get a message
saying "cannot insert objet", what does it mean? And how do i use data
control grids in excel? please help...

thanks,
--
"excel newbie"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Melmac,

I believe that use of the DataGrid control
requires an approprate licence, e.g. a copy
of Visual Studio.

---
Regards.
Norman

"melmac" wrote in message
hi everyone,

whenever i try inserting a datacontrol grid in my worksheet, i get a
message
saying "cannot insert objet", what does it mean? And how do i use data
control grids in excel? please help...

thanks,
--
"excel newbie"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I see and yes I don't have Visual Studio Installed. Perhaps I should get one
then. Although do you have any suggestions what other controls i can use that
can at least immitate what a datagrid control does. You see I'm stuck with a
problem where I'm trying to do a results table, that can be populated with
entries/results and automatically intiates a scroll bar at the side of it. Is
there anything like that in excel that i can use? Please advice...

thanks,
--
"excel newbie"