Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calendar Control Missing ??

Hi,

I have a form with a calendar control and when I load this file onto another
computer it can not load the calendar control. I have found out that I can
add it in on the toolbox of User Form and have done this on my computer
(windows XP Excel 2003) but when I go to add it to my husbands pc (Windows
Vista Excel 2003) they are not there to add it as additional items.

Has any one ever come accross this? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks
--
Leanne M (Aussie)
(Changed Display name from Leanne)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I suggested last week to somebody that they should check the add-ins. The
calendar controls are part of some library and using the correct add-ins
should fix the problem. I don't know vista but in 2003 the add-ins are in
the Tools Menu.

"Leanne M (Aussie)" wrote:

Hi,

I have a form with a calendar control and when I load this file onto another
computer it can not load the calendar control. I have found out that I can
add it in on the toolbox of User Form and have done this on my computer
(windows XP Excel 2003) but when I go to add it to my husbands pc (Windows
Vista Excel 2003) they are not there to add it as additional items.

Has any one ever come accross this? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks
--
Leanne M (Aussie)
(Changed Display name from Leanne)
United Kingdom
(Don''t ask me what an Aussie is doing living in the UK!)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes I remember seeing that but never got a response if it resolved the issue
or not.

Please could you advise what add-ins I need to select. Can you suggest what
to do if they are not available to select?

PS - vista has them in Tools also.

--

"Leanne M (Aussie)" wrote:

Hi,

I have a form with a calendar control and when I load this file onto another
computer it can not load the calendar control. I have found out that I can
add it in on the toolbox of User Form and have done this on my computer
(windows XP Excel 2003) but when I go to add it to my husbands pc (Windows
Vista Excel 2003) they are not there to add it as additional items.

Has any one ever come accross this? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks
--
Leanne M (Aussie)
(Changed Display name from Leanne)
United Kingdom
(Don''t ask me what an Aussie is doing living in the UK!)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would manually add the control and see what happens. go to Insert - Object
- Calendar Control 11.0 on the worksheet. This may automatically add the
library. then retry your code.

"Leanne M (Aussie)" wrote:

Hi,

I have a form with a calendar control and when I load this file onto another
computer it can not load the calendar control. I have found out that I can
add it in on the toolbox of User Form and have done this on my computer
(windows XP Excel 2003) but when I go to add it to my husbands pc (Windows
Vista Excel 2003) they are not there to add it as additional items.

Has any one ever come accross this? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks
--
Leanne M (Aussie)
(Changed Display name from Leanne)
United Kingdom
(Don''t ask me what an Aussie is doing living in the UK!)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Leanne

If the version of MS Office does not include Access, you will not have the
Activex Control file mscal.ocx.

To download it got to http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm and see the
download at left side.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 2 May 2008 03:37:01 -0700, Leanne M (Aussie)
wrote:

Thanks I shall give that a go tonight and let you know.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Gord,

I had this problem and used the files in the website. However found that,
despite running Excel 2002 SP3 the 2002 file didn't work, came up with an
Automation Error. Loading the 2000 version works, however the calendar
doesn't have numbers on the dates. We are going to try installing access,
testing it and then uninstall access (licensing issues). Do you know why the
numbers would not appear or why 2002 file doesn't work on 2002 SP3 ?

thanks,

Paul B.