Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sheet disappears from Project Explorer

Excel 2000: I have a workbook with 10 sheets (6 hidden). If I open it and
the VBE, I cannot see sheet10 in the Project Explorer. If I select that
sheet in the workbook (it is one of the four not hidden), it appears in
Project Explorer.

Easily explained common occurrence or corruption? Before I go to the
trouble of recreating...because it will be painful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, have tried it on two others and still see it. I did discover that
saving it after it reappears allows it to remain visible the next time the
file is opened, even it is not the selected sheet upon opening. I'm still
worried about calling it solved, however. Might still need to rebuild.

Emily Edgington wrote:

Excel 2000: I have a workbook with 10 sheets (6 hidden). If I open it and
the VBE, I cannot see sheet10 in the Project Explorer. If I select that
sheet in the workbook (it is one of the four not hidden), it appears in
Project Explorer.

Easily explained common occurrence or corruption? Before I go to the
trouble of recreating...because it will be painful.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just guesses--might be a wastes of times....

If you open the workbook on that other pc and save it, is it ok on the problem
pc?

If you open the workbook in a different version of excel and save it, then
reopen it on the problem pc in the "correct" version of excel (and save it), is
it ok?

You may want to try OpenOffice.org and try opening, then saving (as a new
name). Maybe it can clean up anything that looks like trouble???
http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

=======
I have that same nagging feeling as you. I don't like it when stuff like this
happens.

There have been lots of posts where the project doesn't disappear from the VBE
project explorer when the workbook is closed, but I've never seen a post like
yours before.

Maybe someone who has seen this will chime in and give you a real answer.