Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default All macro are disabled due to encryption?

I have a workbook containing macros made in Excel 97. When I save the program
in Excel 2007 and when I reopen the program, all macros are disabled
independent of macro security level. Message in userform is: "The file
contains encrypted macros that have been disabled because there is no
antivirus software installed that can scan them. To run these macros, remove
the encrytion or permission restrictions on the file." I have never made the
workbook encrypted and there is no password in userform Encrypt Document.

Solution?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Joakim

Maybe
http://www.rondebruin.nl/password2007.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Joakim Norrman" wrote in message
I have a workbook containing macros made in Excel 97. When I save the program
in Excel 2007 and when I reopen the program, all macros are disabled
independent of macro security level. Message in userform is: "The file
contains encrypted macros that have been disabled because there is no
antivirus software installed that can scan them. To run these macros, remove
the encrytion or permission restrictions on the file." I have never made the
workbook encrypted and there is no password in userform Encrypt Document.

Solution?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This works in the Case of one User on a workstation. However, It appears that
if multiple users exist on a single workstation ot there are roaming profiles
that are in use on the company network that this registery edit needs to be
done under each user ID on that particular workstation. I just verified this
on this computer where I am a user and my wife has a separate user logon.

OK, that said on the office network, there is a conferance room PC that is
used by several company associates to make presentations. The user use their
own user logon and roaming profile. in this case the macros are not exactly
disabled ( I have menu items that run ok, but I also have Command buttons on
the sheets that one the same macros. ) So the macros run from the items OK,
but here is the kicker, as soon as I password protect the workbook, the macro
buttons on the sheets disappear.

Any clues??

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Joakim

Maybe
http://www.rondebruin.nl/password2007.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Joakim Norrman" wrote in message
I have a workbook containing macros made in Excel 97. When I save the program
in Excel 2007 and when I reopen the program, all macros are disabled
independent of macro security level. Message in userform is: "The file
contains encrypted macros that have been disabled because there is no
antivirus software installed that can scan them. To run these macros, remove
the encrytion or permission restrictions on the file." I have never made the
workbook encrypted and there is no password in userform Encrypt Document.

Solution?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
V H V H is offline

Default Excel 2007 macro disabled

I had the same problem with Excel 2007 and disabled macros. This helped me

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks,

This I have previouly employed this reg change in many instances on a single
user/single workstation and it works fine. My issue goes beyond this. Notice
that the registery change starts with the USER section of the registery. This
is not a workstation inclusive hack. If there are multiple user profiles
setup on a single workstation, this registery change must be made for each
user profile that exists while in that user's login. I have also done this
for multiple users on the same workstation and it works fine. My real issue
is that the actual macro/command buttons simply disappear in this multiple
user/single workstation situtation even with this registery change while the
same macros run fine from the custom menu items.

This issue is further complicated when Office Excel 2007 is used on a
Termial Server since the User Sessions are virtual.