Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default if macro is made disabled.??

Hi friends,
I have a serious issue..Pls give some inputs...

I have an excel file which as 19 sheets.
i have made a macro which makes all the pages invisible except one when
the workbook is opened.
A login form is activated and only if a correct password is provided,
all the other sheets are made visible.

But my problem is..When the workbook is opened, a prompt dialog box
appears whether to enable or disable macro.

If the disable option is selected ..all the sheets are made visible..My
macro is of no use then...Please help

TIA

Roshin.P.P

--
roshinpp_77
roshinpp_77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34924

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Roshin,
My suggestion is to hide the sheets whenever the workbook is closed
and saved. Then they will be hidden when the workbook is opened. That
means your opening routine won't need to hide them, but only unhide
them if opening routine is run and the password is correct.
James

roshinpp_77 wrote:
Hi friends,
I have a serious issue..Pls give some inputs...

I have an excel file which as 19 sheets.
i have made a macro which makes all the pages invisible except one when
the workbook is opened.
A login form is activated and only if a correct password is provided,
all the other sheets are made visible.

But my problem is..When the workbook is opened, a prompt dialog box
appears whether to enable or disable macro.

If the disable option is selected ..all the sheets are made visible..My
macro is of no use then...Please help

TIA

Roshin.P.P

--
roshinpp_77
roshinpp_77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34924
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=558385

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Roshin,

Start with the sheets hidden, ie change your macro so that the sheets
are hidden when the file is closed not opened & have a message that
macros must be enable for the file to work. When you distribute the
file to end users the sheets will be hidden & if macros are disabled
the users will only see your message.

btw, have a search of the ng's /forum for this issue & you'll find
there are a number of useful suggestions floating around.

hth
Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

--
broro183
broro183's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30068

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As the other replies said, hide the sheets when the workbook is closed or
saved. Instead of setting the sheets' Visible property to False, you can set
it to xlVeryHidden. Sheets that are xlVeryHidden do not appear in the Format
Sheet Unhide dialog. Few users know how to unhide them.

Hope this helps,

Hutch